martes, 30 de diciembre de 2014

Level 3



Level 3 - Recognition & Production of Rhyme

Rhyme activities introduce children to the sound structure of words.  Especially when rhyme recognition skills are not well established, the visual representation of the words provides great assistance, as the child is then free to concentrate totally on the recognition of rhyme, without straining to recall the words presented.  Once the skill is firmly in place, the task may be made more difficult by presenting the words completely orally.

Did You Ever Ever Ever?
As children are learning to rhyme try inventing new rhymes and singing them to the tune of “If you’re happy and you know it”.  For example:

                      Did you ever see a (bear) in a (chair)?
                      Did you ever see a (bear) in a (chair)?
                      No, I never, no, I never, no I never, no, I never
                      No, I never saw a (bear) in a (chair)?

                       Did you ever see a (mouse) in a (house)?
                      Did you ever see a (mouse) in a (house
                      No, I never, no, I never, no I never, no, I never
                      No, I never saw a (mouse) in a (house)?



 tune:





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario